The UNITED Fire Systems True Advanced Purge System Model TAP-G2 is designed to automatically purge air from within a dry-pipe or preaction sprinkler system and replace the air with 98% nitrogen from a Nitrogen-Pac™ sprinkler corrosion inhibiting system. The system also automatically samples, analyzes, and displays the percentage of nitrogen within the pipe.
- Automatic initial purge sequence for removal of air from sprinkler system piping and replacement with 98% nitrogen.
- Automatic maintenance purge sequence for the removal of residual water from inside the pipe.
- Automatic sampling of gas from inside the pipe and permanent display of nitrogen concentration.
- Easy to read front panel display of nitrogen concentration, purge status, time, and date.
- Mounts separately from associated purge vent assembly and connects with plenum-rated tubing.
- Advanced, self-calibrating gas sensing technology with long sensor life.
- Relay output for system fault remote notification including low nitrogen concentration after automatic initial purge sequence.
- Eliminates manual operation of ball valves to regulate purging.
- Eliminates manual use of hand-held nitrogen analyzer to measure nitrogen concentration in the pipe.
- Read nitrogen value at eye level – no need to climb up to purge vent locations.
- Unit requires no periodic calibration.
- Local and remote signaling of fault conditions.
- Automatic purge sequencing minimizes compressor run time, lengthening compressor life and reducing energy consumption cost.